Hi,

I have a table with client details ('clients') that is related to another
table with category info ('category').
Now, each client could have more than 1 category in there CategoryID Field.
the user will be clicking on a link which will have one CategoryID as a URL
variable, and the state where they are searching eg:

<A
HREF="Display.cfm?state=<cfoutput>#url.state#</cfoutput>&Category=2">categor
y</a>

Below is my attempt, but this doesn't seem to work. (dont laugh, it is all i
could think of)

so the problem is that CategoryID could resolve to, for example: '1,5,7,8'
and the url parameter will always be one number, how do i write the SQL for
this...

<cfquery datasource="#dsn#" Name="Business"
cachedwithin="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,45,0)#">
 SELECT      ClientID,
                    BusinessName,
                    ContactName,
                    Address,
                    Suburb,
                    State,
                    PostCode,
                    PhoneNumber,
                    PhoneExt,
                    FaxNumber,
                    MobileNumber,
                    EmailAddress,
                    FunctionID,
                    CategoryID,
                    LogoPath,
                    IntroText
 FROM Clients
 WHERE '#Url.category#' IN (CategoryID) AND State = '#Url.State#'
</cfquery>

I hope someone can help......
thanks,
Chris Carpenter