Thanks Larry -
Can you give me some guidance on syntax placement...

What I have...

<form action="" method="get" name="Selecttest" onsubmit="return
verify(document.Selecttest);">
                <option value="test1.rpt">test1
                <option value="test2.rpt">test2
                </select>

... other form fields ...

</form>

I want the form to be submited to whichever file is selected in the
"ReportFile" field...
Where would "this.form.action='x'" go????

FYI: I am using the onsubmit to make sure select boxex are checked

James

Yes, set the form's action property (available in ie4+ and NN3+ I think).
You can do this from a form element (this.form.action="foo.cfm").

If you want more info, check out:
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsref/index.htm

Larry