Thanks for any help. The most specific I can be is the following:

- First the problem occurred using MSIE 4.01 on both text,
  selects and hidden fields.
- Then the problem occurred on MSIE 5 with file type boxes.

>Can you be more specific in how the extra "garbage" is introduced
>in the form fields?
I have no Idea. That is kind of the problem. The only thing you do
is a simple
<form action="temp2.cfm" method="post">
        <input type="text" name="temp">
        <input type="Submit">
</form>

The smallest kind of form. No lay-out no nothing! Then fill in
"This is a test"

send it using a Mac and MSIE request it on the next page and
it returns: (Note the Carriage Return Line Feed)

"This is a test

"
Strange he! Allaire says it has to do with CF 4.5 but the @#$)*#$
thing is running on CF 4.0.1 What do you do then.

I have no idea what could be a solution. It seems to be so that I am one of
the first with the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martijn