Thanks for the info.  And I don't have control. Bummer

Dave Clay
Internet Facilitator
Trus Joist, A Weyerhaeuser Business

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/05/00 11:08AM >>>
> Can anyone tell me why it takes IE4 forever to bring up this
> dynamic path. IE5 and NS4 flys to it with no problem.  The
> DataChunks.DCNAME variable is generated by a query.
>
> <cflocation
> url="../datachunks/#Trim(DataChunks.DCNAME)#/index.cfm" addtoken="No">

The last time a had a problem like this was a while ago, but I seem to
remember it being caused by a particular version of IE 4 - like, the one
just prior to "IE 4, Service Pack 1".

In fact, clients with that browser would completely hose my intranet server
whenever they came across a dynamic cflocation. Upgrading them to IE 4 SP1
fixed the problem.

Fortunately, I had control over the client environment, so I could upgrade
them. I hope you can too!

Hope this helps.

- Sean

Sean J Daniels