From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 6:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: nt reboot

> I need some assistance with setting up a task to reboot our
> NT servers once each day. Our internal NT admin/Network Support
> stinks and if they do not know how to do something they say
> it can't be done.

Use the Task Scheduler and the SHUTDOWN.EXE command-line tool from the NT
Resource Kit. Write a batch file which calls SHUTDOWN.EXE, and schedule the
batch file with the Task Scheduler.

After you've done that, spend some quality time with your server to figure
out why on earth you'd have to reboot it once a day. You shouldn't have to
do this, and is an indicator of a potentially serious problem.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444