----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2000 2:18 AM

> Well what irritates me is I have been installing Cold Fusion since version 1
> and I live up and over a mountain from the WebServer.  I control it with
> PCanywhere and upgraded with no problem from 3.0, 3.1.1,4.0,4.01,4.5 now I
> cannot upgrade to 4.51 evidently without uninstalling and reinstalling and I
> do not have the time to be running back and forth swapping CD's. When I go
> to the CF Administrator it shows a version 4.5 with the registered Serial
> Number and all.  Isn't there a registry hack or something I can do?

You might want to consider upgrading to Windows 2000 Server or greater. Aside
from the obvious benefits, the Terminal services for situations such as yours
would be invaluable. The Administrator login gives you_total_control over every
aspect of the remote server as if you were there, by way of a virtual
Administrator session - in fact it is as good as being there - it looks like a
local system. It might soon be possible (and I think is possible with the Citrix
driver) to map the remote drive over terminal services as well, and probabely do
a remote install from a local CD.

Adrian Cooper.