I have CF 4.5.1 and this statement simply isn't true.  IsNumeric()
returns a true no matter how many 0's prepend a number, as long as the
number is a number.  Maybe in earlier versions of CF it returned a
false, but if it did I am not aware of it.

In <D09A1A0FB7FDD211A92D00805FBBD8A1A578A3@CLTNTSXCHANGE>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) in a fit of unbridled passion,
wrote:
> An integer is a range of "real numbers", usually with a limit around 999
> million or so (depends on the language, C defines a smallint as 1-37,000 for
> example.) I can't find any documentation stating ColdFusion's limits with
> integers. ColdFusion doesn't see a number with a leading 0 as a number, thus
> it can't be an integer...
>
> Anyone know what the maximum size for an integer in CF is?

Reuben King <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Web Consultant
Stonebridge Technologies <http://www.sbti.com/>
Phone: (512) 502-3332