We use both shared hosting and dedicated hosting.  On the dedicated boxes,
I have access to CFIDE and administer the datasources myself.  On the
shared boxes, the ISP requires either an email or a form submitted then
they set up the datasources.  Some of them respond promptly and do it
correctly, others take a long time, have be reminded repeatedly or have
problems getting the sources correct.  It's a quandary as to the best way
to handle it.  What I would like a is Cold Fusion based web page that let
me enter my configuration information, then setup and verify the datasource
- hopefully one with error checking built in and VERY clear instructions as
to what goes in each field on the form.

Finding quality Cold Fusion hosting is our biggest headache right now.  I
have a variety of CF servers scattered over numerous ISP's but none of them
really meet all our needs.  Eventually, we'll probably end up doing it
ourselves, unless a new provider comes along that really impresses me with
their ability and response time.  It could be a good opportunity for some
company, because we have a ton of web sites, and are doing a lot of Cold
Fusion and Spectra work.  What would be even more wonderful is a quality
hosting service for Spectra as well, but I may be dreaming. <g>

Judith Campbell, CTO
Digital Positions
http://d-p.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]