I've had a couple of small domains with Halfprice hosting for a while. The
response time for tech support as of late has not been great, but nothing
like the three months someone else was experiencing. It took a day to get
SQL Server accounts setup. Speed has been adequate, though nothing special.

They do have cffile and cfregistry disabled (and cfcontent, I understand).
I've mentioned to them the possibility of using the CFX versions of cffile
and cfcontent, which will allow for protection for them, and they are
checking into them now. Perhaps that will help.

At this point for my own site I'm using them because I have a good deal:
once you have one domain you get all the rest at half price. If I could find
someone who would give me cffile, 500 megs, a few pop accounts and SQL
Server access for $25 per month, I'd be there! But I'm not about to pay
anymore for hosting a site that has a small personal site and my class
materials for teaching...

Chris Lott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  Technical Manager
p907.474.5122  |  f907.474.5402  |  PGP Key ID: 0x8687E87E