From: "LH Rothman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2000 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: Newbie Needs Help

> --------------D118D1885C79BDDE46EE635D
>
> I just set the permission on and I still can't view my .CFM page.  I'm
seriously considering installing CF onto a different machine.  Will CF work
on Windows 98 w/ personal web
> server?  Ben Forta's book says "the computer needs to be connected to a
network".  Is this a must?

> Thanks for any help!
> -Laura
>
> Brett Payne-Rhodes wrote:
>
> > Hi Laura,
> >
> > One more thing that I don't think I noticed on the other replies... Make
> > sure you have 'execute' permission turned on in your webserver for the
> > mapping to the folder containing your CF code. I'm new to CF myself and
> > was wondering for a long time why I couldn't run CF stuff from anywhere
> > but within the CFDOCS area - it was just the execute permission needed
> > setting on.
> >
> > Good Luck,
> >
> > Brett Payne-Rhodes
> > B)
> > Eaglehawk Computing
> > Perth, WA, Australia
> > http://www.iinet.net.au/~ehc
> >
> > At 04:28 PM 15-04-00 -0700, you wrote:
> > >I've spent hours trying to view .cfm files in my browser.  Use IE and
> > >type "http://127.0.0.1/a2z/hello1.cfm" and get error message "HTTP /
1.0
> > >404 Object Not Found".  Try to browse file within Studio and error
> > >message "This browser only supports local files" - to the best of my
> > >knowledge this is a local file.
> > >
> > >I'm running Windows NT and know I must be making a small, stupid
> > >mistake.  I am able to ping 127.0.0.1 and I can succesfully test the
> > >installation within the Admin.
> > >
> > >Help please!
> > >-Laura

the body.

href="http://www.iinet.net.au/~ehc">http://www.iinet.net.au/~ehc</a>
href="http://127.0.0.1/a2z/hello1.cfm">http://127.0.0.1/a2z/hello1.cfm</a>"
> and get error message "HTTP / 1.0
> error
> my
> the

------
href="http://www.eGroups.com/list/cf-talk">http://www.eGroups.com/list/cf-ta
lk</a>
href="http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_tal
k">http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&amp;body=lists/cf_ta
lk</a>
> or send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe'
> in the body.</blockquote>

the body.