------=_NextPart_000_0045_01BFAAAA.2BA59F60

I'm not even sure if this can be done with CF but I thought I'd post =
anyway to see if I can get some ideas. The software that we sell here =
has a feature in it called "Active Update" which is an ISAPI.dll  what =
this does is look for updates on our server and send update the =
customers software if one is available. The first thing this dll does is =
register the user if they haven't done so. Now on our web server we have =
a directory where these registrations get stored. whenever someone =
registers this dll creates a .cdf file which gets named something like =
D0-20002004   which is the first 2 characters of the serial number and =
the date of the registration. I'm trying to find a way to everyday grab =
all the registrations and then insert them into a SQL Server DB so I can =
create a search interface for our tech support dept so they can look up =
registered users. I think the tough part is that these have a cdf =
extension, I need to rename it to a txt extension and then have SQL =
Server import this data, I would like to automate it as much as =
possible. If anyone might have some ideas they can toss at me I would =
appreciate it.

Thanks
Ben Densmore
Webmaster
eSupport.com, Inc
TouchStone Software Corp.

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01BFAAAA.2BA59F60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm not even sure if this can be done =
with CF but I=20
thought I'd post anyway to see if I can get some ideas. The software =
that we=20
sell here has a feature in it called "Active Update" which is an =
ISAPI.dll&nbsp;=20
what this does is look for updates on our server and send update the =
customers=20
software if one is available. The first thing this dll does is register =
the user=20
if they haven't done so. Now on our web server we have a directory where =
these=20
registrations get stored. whenever someone registers this dll creates a =
.cdf=20
file which gets named something like D0-20002004&nbsp;&nbsp; which is =
the first=20
2 characters of the serial number and the date of the registration. I'm =
trying=20
to find a way to everyday grab all the registrations and then insert =
them into a=20
SQL Server DB so I can create a search interface for our tech support =
dept so=20
they can look up registered users. I think the tough part is that these =
have a=20
cdf extension, I need to rename it to a txt extension and then have SQL =
Server=20
import this data, I would like to automate it as much as possible. If =
anyone=20
might have some ideas they can toss at me I would appreciate =
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ben =
Densmore<BR>Webmaster<BR>eSupport.com,=20
Inc<BR>TouchStone Software Corp.<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01BFAAAA.2BA59F60--