I had the same problem - 25 items was as far as I could go.

If you're comfortable with VFP, you might consider creating a com object to get the
data you want. If you choose that route, make sure you use VFP6 since it handles
threads better...

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/28/00 08:22AM >>>
Just had a very strange thing happen (repeatable):

Using a Visual FoxPro free table (delegate.dbf), CF4.01 and
the latest MDAC2.1 drivers, asking CFAS to perform:

SELECT * from delegate
where delid in
(101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,110,111,112,113,114,115,1
16,117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124)

works fine, and gives me the results. If I add another number
to the IN list, making 25 list items, it falls over with the
message:

[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver] SQL expression is too
complex

It doesn't depend on the total length of the list (I tried it
with '1,2,3,4 etc' with the same results on 24/25 numbers.

Thought maybe it was corrupted drivers, so reinstalled MDAC2.1
- no difference. Downloaded MDAC2.5 (which includes a newer
vfpodbc.dll), installed, still the same.

Using the same query natively in VFP does what it is supposed
to do (and quickly), having no problem handling 350+ numbers
in the list.

I can't see what can possibly be wrong, except the driver
can't handle it.
Surely I'm not the only one out there who's using this
combination (VFP and CF)?

Has anyone else seen this, got a workaround, or care to try
something similar on their machine to see if you can reproduce
it?

Thanks in advance for any pointers/corroboration before I try
to point this out as a bug......