At 06:09 PM 5/2/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey Ruuuuuubeeeennnn!
>
>DON'T lump ALL Outlook and Outlook Express Users into the group that uses
>HTML!!!  I use OE and DO NOT USE HTML!  I agree that it
>should not be used but just because somebody uses OE or Outlook does not,
>in and of itself, make one out to be the kind of slime the
>tone of your post proposes!  Besides, statistics show that you are part of
>a minority that is becoming smaller and smaller all the
>time.

Of course, we're on a list that doesn't accept html, so we get a lot of
gobbletygook (no racial slur intended) when people send html messages. My
email client *can* read html email, but it totally annoys me when I get
messages in weird fonts and colors. It's distracting. I wish that everyone
in the world used plain text unless I told them that html is ok. It just
gets me so riled up that I wan to lick a green marmoset in the eye. Or do
something else silly. Or maybe I just like doing silly things. One of those.

The geekiest people I know use text-based email. They may be a minority,
but they are a minority of geeky studliness. If such a thing can be said to
exist. And we sure wouldn't want to exclude that kind of person from our
nice little computer-related help list.