The special character & deg may show up as the degree symbol just fix it on your end.

<cfhttp url= "http://www.weather.com/weather/us/zips/91350.html" method="get"
resolveurl="true">
</cfhttp>

<cfset content = #cfhttp.filecontent#>

<cfset pos = (find("Temp:", "#content#", "1")- 1)>
<CFSET content = removechars("#content#","1","#pos#")>
<cfset pos = (find("&deg;F", "#content#", "1")+ 6)>
<CFSET content = removechars("#content#","#pos#","#len(content)#")>

<cfset tag = "<">
<cfset taglen = len(tag)>
<cfset start = 1>

<cfloop condition="start gt 0">
        <cfset start = FindNoCase(tag, content)>
        <cfif start gt 0>
                <cfset end = FindNoCase(">", content, start)>
                <cfset content = RemoveChars(content, start, end-start+1)>
        </cfif>
</cfloop>

<cfoutput>

#content#