Try

<cfquery name="qTest" datasource="foo">
           INSERT INTO TempTable(Identifier,Resource)
VALUES('#thisKey#','#PreserveSingleQuotes(stWestcar["#thisKey#"].Resource)
#');
</cfquery>

--Katrina

====================
Katrina Chapman
Consultant
Ameriquest Mortgage

                    "Sean Brown"

                    <sean@westcar        To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    .com>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Is this a bug?

                    05/11/00

                    04:01 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cf-talk

I have a Struct "stWestcar". And stWestcar["#thisKey#"].Resource = "This is
Sean's test".
I'm doing a SQL Insert and I know that CF normally takes care of single
quotes inside of CFQUERY so I don't worry about it.

<cfquery name="qTest" datasource="foo">
           INSERT INTO TempTable(Identifier,Resource)
VALUES('#thisKey#','#stWestcar["#thisKey#"].Resource#');
</cfquery>

Well, I get the SQL Error, and it turns out the above SQL is being passed
off to SQL-Server as: "INSERT INTO TempTable(Identifier,Resource)
VALUES('test','This is Sean's test');" Which of course is an invalid SQL
Statement. I scratch my head, and recall how hard it usually is for me to
get single quotes into SQL statements when I need to, hence the need for
PreserveSingleQuotes()....

So above the SQL Statement, I take the Struct Value out and put it into a
simple variable and use that simple variable in the SQL, and of course it
works.

<cfset SafeText=stWestcar["#thisKey#"].Resource>
<cfquery name="qTest" datasource="foo">
           INSERT INTO TempTable(Identifier,Resource)
VALUES('#thisKey#','#SafeText#');
</cfquery>

Now why is that? anyone have a pointer to where I was supposed to read
about
this behavior? I even tried using a StructFind(stWestcar["#thisKey#"],
"Resource") in the SQL, that didn't work either.... Why can it interpolate
the value of a simple variable and do the magic-single-quote-escape-trick
but can't interpolate a complex one. strange?...
/s

  Sean Brown            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  http://www.westcar.com/

  "Either way you get your dog back"
                          -Anonymous