Hi, I'm 18 years old and have been working with CF for a few months now.
I have read books, articles, etc and have learned enough on my own to use
CF with Access 97 to make simple DB's -- adding, updating, deleting
records, setting variables, using CFMail, etc. You know, the easy stuff.
I think it's really cool, I love ColdFusion!

My next project is to create a database of members with access levels. I
have fields like:

MemberName
Password
MemberSince
AccessLevel

I'm trying to figure out how to use session variables and cookies and
stuff to log a user into a section of a website that will display certain
options (links basically) depending on their access level (levels are
like 1 to 5).  However, the only part I have done is checking their
username and password against the database and sending them to a page
once they have successfully logged in. The thing is, how do you make it
so someone cant just copy the URL they were sent to when they logged in
and paste in a browser window and have it pop up?  Cookies right?

What I am looking for is someone to point me in the direction or to a
resource that could explain how some of this works (coding wise).. any
suggestions.. anything will help.

Thanks!!  :)

*~Tiffany~*