you have 3 "(" but 4 ")"
you need one more "("

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Rouse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 12:33 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Invalid expression format?

I am getting a invalid expression format on the following code:

#Evaluate(Variables.OptionName)[ListFindNoCase(ValueList(Evaluate(Variables.
OptionValue)),
Variables.SelectedValue)]#

The error is:

Invalid parser construct found on line 129 at position 61. ColdFusion was
looking at the following text:

 (

 Invalid expression format. The usual cause is an error in the expression
structure.

Line 61 would be the ( before the second Evaluate function.  This is
within a custom tag.  The OptionName and OptionValue come from CFSET
statements that are setting the query name and the columns.

<cfset OptionName = Attributes.tblName & "." & Variables.Name >
<cfset OptionValue = Attributes.tblName & "." & Variables.NameID >

What would be a work around for this?  Please cc me in a reply.

Thanks,
Aaron