hi Joe,
   Im using CF 4.0 enterprise server.
And not overriding any constraint violations.
--------
The first part of the code  searches for the parent categories, then
searches for child categories.
Then totals all the items for sale in each category....
so on ...
------
So, these are the very basic of SQL queries that are involved.
But no doubt goes thru a series  of loops.

As far as stored procedure goes, I may implement that in sometime.

But what I wanted to know is what really causes that dreadful -->
ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]There is insufficient system
memory to run this query.
man!! I'm totally pissed getting that error ... and another one of those
will make me explode..
Incidentally, the server crashes once in 3 days ... so there is one due any
minute ! : )

VINCE