Do a <CFOUTPUT> in general, around the table...

In the first column, do a <CFLOOP> hitting the query, startrow 1, endrow
being the int(recordset/2) (and keep track of that value)...

Second column, another loop on the same query, startrow being one more than
last record in the previous column, to the end.