Hi all,

I've just come across this error on a dev machine of ours after having set
up a new virtual directory in IIS.

401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource

This error indicates that the credentials passed by the client do not have
access to the particular resource on the server. This resource could be
either the page or file listed in the address line of the client, or it
could be another file on the server that is needed to process the file
listed on the address line of the client.

Please make a note of the entire address you were trying to access and then
contact the Web server's administrator to verify that you have permission to
access the requested resource.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be the problem, as I've checked and
rechecked permissions on the resource (essentially and entire drive) and
everything is fine. Plus, the problem doesn't occure on the default website
root (new virtual directory is in default site).

TIA

Dave

Dave Wilson
Internet Technology Manager,