From: GE [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 10:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SETCLIENTCOOKIES="No"

Hello,

I understand the purpose that cookies serve and the difference between
server/client variables. I have read CFWACK ch27 -twice no less ;) . What I
am trying to figure out is this
(perhaps its a bug?):

I "supposedly" disabled cookies by specifying SETCLIENTCOOKIES="No". Then in
my code I actually do specify code to set a cookie. After I am finished on
this one template I check my
machine (client) and I find that there *has* been a cookie set.

I think that I must be misunderstanding exactly what SETCLIENTCOOKIES="No"
is supposed to do - because it IS setting cookies on the client machine if
the app's code specifies it
regardless of what SETCLIENTCOOKIES says.

Thanks for any help and best regards,
Nelson