Hi all,

I have a CFFORM where the field values are populated with variables I
set at the top of the page. variable1="" if a new record, or
variable1="#field1#" from a query if an update.

For one of the fields in the form, I have to query another one-column
table for values. I got it working, sort of, but I have two problems.
First, some of the values in the second table are multiple words, like
"Civil Rights Leader", but when the first table is updated, I only get
the first word... anything after the first space is not passed. Any
thoughts?

Second, for maintenance purposes, I would rather not maintain two tables
for this information. Would you recommend using a self join on this
field, so that I can get a drop down list of all the available values
and enter an new value while I'm updating the main record? I suppose
another alternative is to create a linking table in which I would store
only keys. Given the number of tables I have already and the complexity
of the application, I'd rather not, but I would follow the advice of the
more experienced among you.

What I'm looking for here is what I always called (prior to using CF and
SQL) a lookup on previously entered values.

TIA,
John Allred
--
John Allred / Jackson, Mississippi