From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 3:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: benefits of Enterprise without ClusterCats?

> I'm moving to a clustered server using NT/IIS/SQL, but I plan on using
> Local Director, and NOT ClusterCats.  In this case, is there
> any benefit to running Enterprise over Professional?
>
> I'm assume that the following features of Enterprise are tied to using
> ClusterCats, but I couldn't really tell:
>
>     * Service-Level Failover
>     * Dynamic Load Balancing
>     * Automatic Server Failover

You're correct. All of those features are provided by ClusterCats. You may
find it useful to use ClusterCats in conjunction with LocalDirector, though.

In addition, Enterprise provides native database drivers - worth it if
you're using Oracle - and the Advanced Security engine, which is powerful
(although very obtuse) and required for Spectra.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444