> Does anyone know how CFTRANSACTION and database connection pooling
> interact?
>
> My specific question is: If I wrap a series of SQL commands (some
> creating temp tables, some updating temp tables, some querying those
> same tables) within a CFTRANSACTION tag, does CF Server maintain the
> connection to the database, in spite of the fact that we are using
> connection pooling?
>
> Or does it (potentially) grab a different connection for each
> command? That is, are these two completely unrelated?

A single connection will be used for all queries within the same
CFTRANSACTION tag, assuming they all use the same datasource, username and
password. If they don't, I suspect that CFTRANSACTION doesn't really do
anything.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496