At 05:50 PM 5/31/00 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello there.
>If anyone can find some time...
>
>1) Can I call a JavaScript function from CF?
>         Smth. like <CFSET x = f(y)>
>
>         where f is a JavaScript function.
>
>         I tried <CFSET x = f(y)>, but it didn't work.

Try putting f(y) in quotes <cfset x="f(y)>

>2) How do I manage strings containing special characters as dbl. quote (i.e.
>")
>         Should I prefix them with something.
>
>         I'd like to have an output like
>
>                         say "hello"

It depends on what you want to do with them. Sometimes you might have to
escape them by changing " to "" but sometimes " will work. If you are
sending info to a database you will probably put text fields in single
quotes  '   '  which means that you may have to escape the single quotes
instead of the double quotes. Try doing what you want to do and send us an
error message if it doesn't work.

>3) How can I get the value of each field in a query string?
>         I know the #cgi.query_string# which returns the entire query
> string, but I
>want to access specific fields

I think that what you want is one of these two:
<cfoutput query="YourQueryName">#YourFieldName# #YourOtherFieldName#</cfoutput>
or
#YourQueryName.YourFieldName# #YourQueryName.YourOtherFieldname#

The second one will only return the results for that field in the first
record, but the first one will return the results for that field for every
record.