From: Tim Do [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 10:36 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: javascript addition

Hello,

Can anybody show me how you would I would validate the sum of several text
boxes?  This is what I'm trying to use but not having luck.. thanks in
advance.

function validate()
{
 if (document.newBillingInfo.SCEPbilledAmount.value +
document.newBillingInfo.SCEPpenaltyAmount.value +
document.newBillingInfo.SCEPdelinquentAmount.value !=
document.newBillingInfo.SCEPtotalAmount.value)
        {
        alert("The total Billing amount does not add up correctly, Please
check the values.")
        document.newBillingInfo.SCEPbilledAmount.focus()
        return false;
        }

        return true;

}