> Is it more efficient to use CFML scripting rather than tags?
> For example,
> I have some code that loops and does some calculations.  At the moment I
> have this using lots of <CFSET> and <CFLOOP> tags... would it be
> quicker to
> put all this inside a <CFSCRIPT> tag.

OK, here's how CFScript works speed wise (in v4 anyways)

Sets are faster in CFScript, Loops are slower in CFScript, so, it'd be
fastest to;
<CFLoop ... loop condition ...>
        <CFScript>
        ... set variables and calculations ...
        </CFScript>
</CFLoop>

Looping in v4 CFScript is horribly slow compared to standard tags...

Also, remember to <CFSetting EnableCFOutputOnly="Yes"> which speeds up the
output from loops to the browser

HTH

Philip Arnold
ASP Multimedia Limited