>>Serious charting still requires something outside of coldfusion. Guess not
many of us using charting else would be different.

Agreed,
we use tee-chart, its one of the most powerful tools we,ve seen out there,
hooks into ASP VBscript and ends up as an embedded ActiveX component in the
browser.

We use CF and ASP together, its extemely useful with WDDX which ASP can also
de-serialise,

We have web based apps for Reservoir monitoring in CF showing current views,
alarms, customised
reports, reports can be graphed, we serialise the recordset pass it to asp
and returns back the
chart in a frameset, its very nice,

http://www.steema.com/products/teechart/version5/SomePictures.htm