<cfset WhereClause = WhereClause & " and Title like '%" & form.titleValue &
"%'">

-----Original Message-----
From: Doherty,Sean [NCR] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 1:04 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: coldfusion search

Hi ... i am a newbie to CF ... I was wondering if some one could help me
figure out how to make a search box that can do a "contains" search ... i
can get the begins with and the equals, but not contains ... see below
thanks!

<cfset WhereClause = "0=0">
<cfif Form.titleValue GT "">
        <cfif Form.titleOperator EQ "EQUALS">
                <cfset WhereClause = WhereClause & "and Title ='" &
                 form.titleValue & "'">
        </cfif>
        <cfif Form.titleOperator EQ "BEGINS_WITH">
                <cfset WhereClause = WhereClause & " and Title like '" &
                 form.titleValue & "%'">
        <cfelse>
                <cfset WhereClause = WhereClause & " and Title like '" &
                 form.titleValue & WHAT DO I PUT HERE TO MAKE CONTAINS
WORK?>
        </cfif>
</cfif>