Yes. Your input data is too long for the database column.
You should really validate inputs for length (and type, too).
E.g. if you had a varchar(64) column called Title, do this:

        <cfif Len(Trim(form.title)) GT 64>
                ... output an error msg to the user ...
        <cfelse>
                ... go ahead and do the query ...
        </cfif>

Interestingly enough, Allaire's very own Forums
will barf with the string data right trunc error message if
you put a long subject line in your posting.

Repeat to yourself thirty-two times:
        "I will not pass unchecked data to my database."

:)

Chris Tweney
Media Application Developer
roundpeg