Two things:

1) Use window.opener instead of just opener.  Also make sure that the parent
window that opened this child window is still opened (otherwise, it will not
be defined.

2) "name" is a property of the form object, so if you are trying to set the
value of a form field called "name", it might not work.  Try changing the
name of the form field to "txtName" or something to that effect.

Hope this helps ;)

--
Scott Van Vliet
Sempra Energy

"Hello Stupid, and welcome to your crappy computer."
- Strong Bad, HomestarRunner.com