You can escape double quotes in CFML simply by using two quotes next to
each other:

<cfset myString = "This is ""my"" string">

In other languages, such as JavaScript, this can be done using a
backslash:

var myString =  "This is \"my\" string";

You should also remove the ##'s from the variable, status_code.  Also
note that you should only need to use ##'s when you are outputting to
the screen, or when you are evaluating a variable in a string.

<cfset myVar = "World">
<cfoutput>#myVar#</cfoutput>
<cfset myString = "Hello #myVar#!">

Enjoy!