> > This does not sound good.... You probably truncated your
> > tables. At this point my only hope of recovery would be
> > advice from Dave Watts:-)
>
> I think you're giving me a little too much credit. I do live conveniently
> near NSA, though - I'm sure they could do it.

;)

Just as a follow-up, I assume they had a script that created tables in the
new database then copied the data then deleted the old tables in the old
database. I assume that's what they did. And I assume they didn't backup the
source database first :) and they did no error checking to tell if all was
working.

If this is so, it's assumed that the data never go to the new database.

The only hope is that they can force a rollback on the old source database.
Probably won't work, but if not... they're simply screwed. :)