> It is my understanding that I cannot run DB queries
> inside of a UDF.

This is true in CF 5, but not CF MX - you can use the CFFUNCTION tags to
declare a UDF, and use CFQUERY within that.

> If there is a way, I would like that alot. If there isn't,
> may I pass the Query results into the UDF? If I can, is it
> just the name of the query? Is it an Array?

You can simply pass the query object itself to the UDF; it'll be passed by
reference, by default. In that case, any changes made within the function to
the query object will be reflected in the query object outside of the
function.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496