I need to do this and don't know where to start.

Compare part of a part number in one table to another table. The part numbers look
like this.

12345.123
12345.234
12345.654
02nt911dc.123
02nt911dc.054
02thq5
02thq7

The part before the dot is all I want to use to compare to the other table which will
only contain the first part. It would be something like this.

12345.123 = 12345
12345.234 = 12345
12345.654 = 12345
02nt911dc.123 = 02nt911dc
02nt911dc.054 = 02nt911dc
02thq5 = 02thq5
02thq7 = 02thq7

How would I do that using just sql statements?

Maybe when I have the server import I could have it create an extra column that can
contain a trimmed version of the part number. A master number of sorts. Just a thought.

Thanks

Phillip Broussard
Tracker Marine Group
417-873-5957