From: Michael Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 10:37 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Totally OT JavaScript Q

"I don't believe this can be done.  Are you just seeking to hide the
field Contents when focused?"

Hi,

Exactly. The design of the site I am working on calls for a couple of
form fields with initial values of UserName and PassWord. As you no
doubt are aware, setting the initial value is normally no problem,
however we need to mask the user's input to the password field; i.e.
*****. Obviously if the form element is of type password, the initial
value is masked when the form loads.

It's not a big deal really; I was just curious to see if a way existed
to alter the "type" of the field, onClick or onFocus, so that I could
meet both requirements.

Thanks allot!

Mike