>We're seeing some similar behavior here at *mumble*. I suspect improper
>locking of Session variable is at least partly to blame.

Aye, a lot of that here as well...*blush*

When we started, we used a set of shopping cart scripts from CartEase to
give us a jumpstart. Unfortunately, that code also taught us some bad CF
programming habits, such as not locking scope variables at all! I just
recently understood how important this is. *sigh* Of course, the CartEase
stuff was buggy anyway and had to be completely re-written to work with
Linux and Oracle, it was written for windoze servers with Access or SQL
Server and mistakenly advertised as working on linux and with any SQL
database. lol.

>Inexperienced CF Developers and unreasonable deadlines in the early
>stages of the project have made a bit of a mess.

That would describe my situation exactly except "a bit of a mess" is an
understatement. At least I know now and added locks to all session vars. A
lot of other fixes on my list as well, the more I dig into "CF best
practices coding". I shoulda done this a long time ago but as you
remarked....unreasonable deadlines and so on. :)

At least I am using the log files now. hehe...amazing how useful they are,
eh?

-Steve