>From the error you list, you might have bad code on the server that is
causing this crash. Do you have any COM objects or such that may be
causing access errors or fatal exceptions?  These kinds of errors cause
IIS to crash....

If you really want to find the source, check out this process....

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q286350
HOWTO: Use Autodump+ to Troubleshoot "Hangs" and "Crashes"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q286350

John M Stover II
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Hubner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 10:59 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: IIS buffer overflow?

Hi Folks, sorry for the OT but I really cant find a answer for what is
happening to my IIS server. Maybe you can help me on that annoying
thing.

Everyday, at least one time, my IIS crashes and turn back working... The
message I found on EventViewer is:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Service Control Manager
Event Category: None