On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 05:45 , Al Everett wrote:
> Or, to keep as much code in the CFLOCK as possible, this:
>
> <cflock timeout="45" throwontimeout="No" name="look_pick"
> type="READONLY">
>   <cfset sessionpicks = session.picks>
> </cflock>

Or, in CFMX:

        <cfif session.picks>
        <cfelse>
        </cfif>

i.e., you don't need the read lock because shared scopes are 'safe' in
CFMX.

Also, a point of style - if session.picks is a boolean (true/false, yes/no,
  1/0) why not write it as I have above? Then I'd question the actual name:
  "picks" does not sound like a boolean variable.

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood