I have a form in which I have 2 select boxes, the second being filled based on the
choice made in the first.

The following code does this but I lose changes made to other elements in the form.

What am I doing wrong or is there another way to do this?

TIA,

Sam

function  surfto(f) {
    myindex=document.forms[f].elements[1].selectedIndex;
    location=document.forms[f].elements[1].options[myindex].value;
        return true;
}

        Multiple Select Example

select * from tblidc

        Other Form Data:

        Choose an IDC...

        selected>#idcname#

        select * from technician where idc = '#trim(do)#'

        #namefl# (#super1#)