From: Gilbert Midonnet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 5:42 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: getdate() in access

GENERAL PROBLEM

There is a list of conferences. I would like to show upcoming conferences on
one page and past conferences on another.
Users are sending files up in excel.  I'm linking them to Access and would
like to run queries on the data. Since access is linked to excel the data
type can't be modified from text to date. I tried creating new fields in
excel and formating the field as date. but that didn't work.

SQL attempt

I would like to do a  WHERE eventDate > getdate() in access -- but nothing
seems to work

date() doesn't give an ODBC error but it doesn't do anything either.

Cold Fusion Attempt

I can't seem to be able to pass anything to a <cfif
DateCompare(#CreateDate(#eventDate#)#, Now()) IS -1>

The wonderful queryName.fieldName didn't work this time. :-)

I'm stuck on what to do. Aside from having users fill out a form and
populate a MSSQL database.

thx

// gilbert midonnet