From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 7:58 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: cflib.org announcement

Just a quick announcement in regards to some changes at cflib.org:

*Added new registration system. Right now it just gives access to the
udf newsletter subscription and..
*New Rating system. Should be pretty clear what it does.
*Tee shirts for sale. Help support m.. um... the site. Yes, help support
the site!

Any comments are appreciated. Any bugs - please let me know.

SQL Tip:
So, I was working on adding "Rating" to the results set of the search
page. I needed a way to get the average rating in the query. However, if
I did:

select ...., total/count as avg

It would give me an error whenever a UDF had never been rated. A friend,
Joel Mueller, told me about the CASE statement. Very nice and simple way
to handle the issue:

SELECT (deletia), ratingAvg =
                CASE tblUDFs.rateCount
                        WHEN 0 THEN 0
                        ELSE cast(tblUDFs.rateTotal as float) /
tblUDFs.rateCount
                END
        FROM    etc...

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Macromedia

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : cfjedimaster