How is everyone dealing with large file uploads?

I have a page where a user can use the standard browse > upload
functionality on a lot of sites. Behind the scenes I am just using the
cffile tag etc.

However, over a certain file size (seems to be about 10MB) there seems
to be a huge bottleneck. The server will then of course start responding
slow etc, and ultimately the page may time out or never respond back.

There is even the extreme need of being able to upload even larger
files, say 50MB+.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any and all help,

-chris.alvarado
[ application developer ]
4 Guys Interactive, Inc.
http://www.4guys.com

-- I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect
it. -- Jack Handy