From: Gyrus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 4:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFMX error - again!!

Again, this is code that has always worked 100% with 4.5 and 5. The error
given is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have attempted to dereference a scalar variable of type class
[Ljava.lang.String; as a structure with members.

The Error Occurred in [filepath deleted!]: line 52

50 :    <cfset request.msgString="&msg=DBError">
51 :    <cfif NOT IsDefined("dumpInfo")>
52 :     <cfset dumpInfo=Duplicate(CFCATCH)>
53 :    </cfif>
54 :   </cfcatch>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a TRY / CATCH loop around an INSERT query, and dumpInfo is passed
through to a mailing tag to email the error info to me.

I can't find anything about Duplicate() in the MX documentation, and nothing
that seems relevant about CFCATCH. WTF does the error mean?! :-\

Setup: WinXP Pro, IIS 5.1, CFMX Developer.

cheers,

- Gyrus

- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
work: http://www.tengai.co.uk