Sorry about that. One of the problems with living in the Southern
Hemisphere is that it is very difficult to follow and provide
constructive input into a thread. I wake up to a vast proliferation of
email every morning, but during my day the list is largely silent. I
never really experience the threads as threads.

In this particular case I didn't think the thread had changed. I thought
I was talking about whether the concept of using Compare() negated the
existence of the issue regarding 33d. I was just woken up and was eating
breakfast at the time, so I may have been mistaken, as often I am at
that terrible hour.

While best practices do change from company to company / version to
version etc, I think it's reasonable to say there is a more or less
established but unwritten set of best practice ideas circulating. My
reasoning for that is that I hear the same ideas (e.g. use <cfif x>
rather than <cfif x neq 0>) over and over.