While I have never used Oracle's app server product (I have used their rdbms
extensively), I have used some of the products in that genre (db companies
that thought they could write an application server e.g. Informix's Web Data
Blade).

My experience has been that the app servers produced by db manufacturers are
extremely limited, hard to program, and of course, proprietary.  I mean come
on, is Oracle gonna let you connect to DB2 or SQL Server when they can rope
you into a license package for their db solution?

This could potentially be the most important question to ask yourself:
"What happens if we decide to change to MS SQL Server in 6 months because
according to tpc it's the fastest and most cost effective db solution on the
market (and it is as of now http://www.tpc.org/new_result/ttperf.idc)?"

I would suspect that if that scenario were to play out you would be
investing in a new app server and lots of man-hours to recode your existing
applications.

Besides, have you seen the number of manuals that come with any Oracle
product??  Save a tree (or a forest) and buy another solution lol!

My $0.02 US

Chris Chambers

AIM: CTC HOME
ICQ: 40311211

VOX: 757-896-6393
FAX: 757-896-0774

Our tests indicate that our software is functioning exactly as coded