I have been digging into the inner workings of the CF MX mail spool in
order to get advancedemail to work on CF MX. One thing I have
encountered is that apparently additional mail headers are not stored
together with the email in the spoolfolder. For example, if I use
<cfmailparam name="X-Originating-IP" value="#cgi.remote_addr#"> inside a
cfmail tag, I can't find the IP address or even the X-Originating-IP
string anywhere in the mail spool folder.

Unfortunately, this is the sort of functionality I really need to be
able to use the built-in mail spool with advancedemail (for the MIME
headers). And else the tag will only work with external SMTP servers.
So I was wondering if somebody who has been working with any of the Java
tools has already been able to put some (any) documentation on the CF
mail spool together.

Jochem