I need some help to save what's left of my greying hair...

Server Setup is:
CF Server v4.5.1 Professional
NT4/IIS
Developing against Access2000

I'm serving out several PDF files and in order to provide some basic
security I'm using CFCONTENT to deliver the files only to those logged in
with an active session. I've got a securedoc.cfm page that contains nothing
but the following:

<CFCONTENT TYPE="application/pdf" FILE="SERVER_PATH_TO_FILES\#url.doc#"
DELETEFILE="No">

The document link passes what document is being requested. No problem so
far, works great. But then I decide I want to provide some basic info on who
is viewing the documents so I decide to insert a record into the database
with each request in order to log UserID, DocumentID and Date/Time. Now the
securedoc.cfm page looks like this:

<cfquery name="updateDocViewLog" DATASOURCE="#AppDSN#">
  INSERT INTO DocViewLog
              (UserID, DocName, DocHitDate)
  VALUES      (#Session.UserID#, '#Url.Doc#', #CreateODBCDateTime(Now())#)
</CFQUERY>

<CFCONTENT TYPE="application/pdf" FILE="SERVER_PATH_TO_FILES\#url.doc#"
DELETEFILE="No">

Documents are still delivered without fail but I'm getting *three* database
records for each request with each record created roughly 1 second apart. In
order to try and isolate the problem I've changed the path to the documents
to a bogus value so as to generate an error. When I do this I get only *one*
DB record and, of course, a server error saying the document can't be found.

Unless I'm missing something obvious it looks like the server is looping
back through the securedoc.cfm page three times with each request and I'm
not sure why. Any ideas? Or am I using CFCONTENT improperly?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ken Wilson