De : Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : mercredi 21 août 2002 18:18
À : CF-Talk
Objet : RE: Any Fusebox and CFMX issues?

> I really don't understand how you can be so "affirmative".

Years of experience. ;)

> - "J2EE design patterns do not apply to CFMX."
> Why? Can't you apply MVC to CFMX?
> Good design patterns are usually not link to technologies.
> (the MVC pattern has its roots in Smalltalk, isn't it?)

Design patterns weren't originally intended to be tied to certain
languages and/or technologies. However, when Sun released blueprints
they did just that. Blueprints is quite simply a collection of design
patterns specific to J2EE.

MVC is not a specific J2EE design pattern and it did in fact come from
the Smalltalk world. There is nothing inherently wrong with using MVC
with CFMX, nor did I state that. I was simply disagreeing with the use
of J2EE design patterns. Possibly you are confusing J2EE design patterns
with design patterns used in the J2EE world.

> - "CFMX is not J2EE and it never will be."
> Matt Liotta (?)
> "... I would not hesitate to say that ColdFusion MX is now the fastest
way
> to build and deploy J2EE applications..."
> Jeremy Allaire (Chief Technology Officer, Macromedia) in

http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/mx/blueprint/articles/server_side_4.htm

Come on now... you should be able to understand what Macromedia and
Jeremy Allaire is trying to say here. You can build CF based
applications with CFMX that are run on top of J2EE application servers.
CF based applications will always be based on CF not their underlying
application server. Notice how no one ever used to say CF 5 is the
fastest way to build and deploy pcode applications. J2EE is a buzzword
and Macromedia is being buzzword compliant.

> - "I suggest creating new design patterns that make sense for CFMX and
not
> try to adapt J2EE."
> Sure. We are waiting for your suggestions.
> In my case, this exactly what I am trying to do with MVCF (and again,
MVC
> is
> not necessarily J2EE...).

I am not in the business of creating design patterns. I don't believe in
design patterns as they expressed today. I do however believe in
creating cutting-edge architectures and application frameworks for web
applications. My latest creation is available as a commercial product if
you're interested.

-Matt