On Wednesday, August 21, 2002, at 09:05 , Benoit Hediard wrote:
> - "J2EE design patterns do not apply to CFMX."
> Why? Can't you apply MVC to CFMX?

As Matt says: MVC != J2EE Design Pattern.

> Good design patterns are usually not link to technologies.

Exactly.

> "... I would not hesitate to say that ColdFusion MX is now the fastest way
> to build and deploy J2EE applications..." Jeremy Allaire

With all due respect to my (former) manager, that's a bit of marketing
speak and should be viewed in context! :)

If you've got a bunch of JSP tag libraries and JavaBeans and EJBs but need
to turn it into a web application, CFMX is better than JSP. If you've got
a J2EE app server and want to build and deploy a new application, CFMX may
well be the best way to go about it. If needed, you can always refactor
the pure CF system into a suitable mix of CF and Java later. You can reuse
JSP tag libraries and other Java components directly in CF. You gain
because of CF's RAD power.

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood